Position: Development Manager
Location: Denver, CO / Remote
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber. We are focused on key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is growing. Our approach is to collaborate with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing impacts on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and outgoing Development Manager to join our growing team to drive horizontal development and community outreach throughout the United States.
The Development Manager will be a key position as Tract’s primary lead in the development efforts in selected markets, interfacing with local governments, technical consultants, and contractors. The Development Manager will collaborate with a matrixed set of stakeholders, focusing on all stages of the development process such as site selection, diligence, master planning, zoning/entitlements, permitting, extending infrastructure, and supporting earthworks specific to data center campus uses. They will act as the technical land development lead and project champion throughout the development process, managing the project strategy and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders. A strong Development Manager candidate demonstrates a unique ability to blend project management and site development skills and are proactive in generating creative solutions to address the complexities of large-scale development projects. Moreover, they must exhibit tenacity and a results-driven mindset where effective communication and partnership-building with both internal and external stakeholders is key.
This is an exciting role with an opportunity to build skills, leverage experienced mentorship, and grow within a dynamic company on the cutting edge of data center campus development.
In addition to other duties assigned by supervisors, the Development Manager will have the following key primary functional responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Support the site inquiry and diligence process to vet prospective sites and assess site risks and opportunities
- Manage local due diligence processes and teams
- Assist with development master planning
- Provide input on land planning concepts and strategy based on technical knowledge
- Support entitlement process to ensure timely submission and execution of necessary site entitlement and permits to meet project timelines
- Create RFPs for consultants and engineers for specific projects, negotiate terms, and make recommendations to management on awards
- Coordinate and manage contractors, engineers, and consultants for land improvement projects
- Assist with utility planning and interface with public utility entities
- Take lead role in organizing communications with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide strategic project-level guidance to management and update reports and dashboards
- Coordinate and manage project budgets
- Adhere to company safety and sustainability standards
- Assist with developing scalable, efficient tools and processes to improve delivery and communication
- Interface with Local Governments as required
- Attend relevant City Council / County Supervisor meetings
- Interface with local planning/zoning commissions and public works staff
- Interface with local assessors and clerks
- Support entitlement and permitting processes
- Support the interface with state and local Economic Development Offices
- Assist in securing easements and/or Rights of Way, as necessary
- Community Interface
- Represent Tract positively and consistently with Tract values within the community
- Assist with relationship management with adjacent neighbors and community groups
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Real Estate Development, Architecture, Planning, or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in large-scale land development, civil engineering, site planning, and/or construction. Data center, utility, or telecom engineering experience greatly preferred.
Travel: This position may require occasional travel to Tract Headquarters or Tract markets.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude and pride in work product
- Ability to manage projects and teams to successful and predictable conclusion
- Ability to problem solve, leveraging independent analysis, local relationships, corporate resources, and executive support
- Strong work ethic, with ability to manage time and energy independently toward well-understood target outcomes
- Curiosity coupled with the ability to network in structured and unstructured environments to quickly identify, understand and communicate opportunities and challenges
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports and dashboards and external land use applications
- Strong verbal communication skills including internal presentations and public speaking at local government meetings.
- Ability to collaborate with and guide both external teams and internal teams
- Baseline financial expertise, including budgeting and managing project expenses
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
Expected Salary Range: $150K-$170K Base + Annual Bonus
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at email@example.com.