Position: Director of Land Entitlements
Location: Denver, CO (Headquarters / Hybrid)
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
We are seeking a Director of Land Entitlements that will be located at Tract Headquarters and within Tract’s portfolio markets and will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer. This role will manage a small team to assist in market entitlement activities. This role is an integral and highly visible one responsible for leading the Company’s interactions with municipalities and governmental officials at all levels in connection with the Company’s site selection and land acquisition and development efforts. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record in processing and achieving entitlements underlying large-scale commercial, industrial or multi use development projects. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and team environment with minimal day-to-day oversight.
The Director of Entitlements will be a critical member of the Tract team and will be expected to bring their unique talents and experience to bear to advance Tract’s strategic objectives. This role will be responsible for managing successful zoning/entitlement processes to allow horizontal development projects on Tract land and to position Tract customers for successful future development of data center campuses. Specific functional responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage multiple entitlements, pre-construction activities, and community engagement for master planned data center parks.
- Lead and determine optimal entitlement strategy alongside the senior management team.
- Proactively lead and coordinate external jurisdictional entitlements and permits to meet Company project plans and timelines.
- Stay engaged with key influencers, trade associations, local government stakeholders, and others that impact our core development business in collaboration with government affairs to ensure positive entitlement outcomes.
- Be the primary liaison to City staff, elected officials, and community stakeholders in selected markets.
- Facilitate and present at meetings with state and local agencies, including public hearings and community engagements.
- Engage with all appropriate Tract team members to respond to public or government inquiries relating to Tract projects and to package up entitlements or permit submittals with all required elements.
- Manage several entitlement projects of moderate to high complexity from early-stage due diligence through project approval.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to communicate our mission, impact, and capabilities to regional stakeholders.
- Oversee the jurisdictional application process.
- Provide guidance and work with senior management on negotiating and completing entitlements documents, including, without limitation, development agreements, proffers, comprehensive plans and related amendments, annexation agreements, municipal service agreements, and any required easement agreements.
- Execute and fine tune process for entitlement attainment.
- Engage with government relations firms to provide advocacy and marketing support of entitlements processes.
- Effectively communicate critical information regarding project status to stakeholders.
- Attend select conferences and industry events.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following, Real Estate Development, Business, Engineering, Finance or equivalent. Master’s degree in Real Estate Development or Business Administration a plus.
Experience: Minimum 7+ years of experience in real estate development, economic development, or project management. Data center, utility, or telecom experience preferred. Specific experience and focus on zoning and entitlements required.
Travel: This position requires significant time with the market teams and, therefore, will require meaningful time travel to Tract markets.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude and pride in work product
- Demonstrated project management skills, preferably connected to real estate development or construction
- Ability to manage projects and teams to successful and predictable conclusion
- Ability to problem solve, leveraging independent analysis, local relationships, corporate resources, and executive support
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports and dashboards and external land use applications and verbal communication skills including internal presentations and public speaking at local government meetings.
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
- Dependable and trustworthy to deliver expected results living up to the values of the company
This position will be based at the Denver headquarters. Given the expectation for significant travel, flexible work arrangements mixing work from home and in-office time will be considered for time not spent in target markets.
Expected Salary Range: $150,000 to $200,000 plus Bonus
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.