Tract Job Posting:
Please submit interest with resume and reference to position title at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Land Development Manager
Location: Reno, NV
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber. We are focused on key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is to collaborate with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our growing team to drive horizontal development and community outreach in the Greater Reno Area.
The Development Manager will be a key position as Tract’s primary representative in Phoenix and surrounding cities/counties, interfacing with local governments, community members, and contractors. The Development Manager will be part of a team managing a matrixed set of stakeholders, focusing on the early stages of the development process such as site selection, master planning, zoning/entitlements, permitting, extending infrastructure, and managing earthworks specific to data center campus uses. The role will have performance objectives around speed to market, cost efficiency, sustainability, and community engagement. This is an exciting role with an opportunity to build skills, leverage experienced mentorship, and grow within a dynamic company.
In addition to other duties assigned by supervisors, the Development Manager will have three primary functional responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Manage local due diligence processes and teams
- Assist with master planning
- Provide strategic project-level guidance to management
- Provide input on land planning concepts based on technical backing
- Create RFPs for consultants and engineers for specific projects, negotiate terms, and make recommendations to management on awards
- Coordinate and manage contractors, engineers, and consultants for construction projects
- Typically: fiber, power, earthworks, water infrastructure, etc.
- Assist with utility planning and interface with public utilities
- Coordinate and manage project budgets
- Adhere to company safety and sustainability standards
- Represent Tract with Local Governments
- Attend/track relevant City Council / County Supervisor meetings and stay abreast of current issues
- Interface with local planning/zoning commissions and staff
- Interface with local assessors and clerks
- Manage entitlement and permitting processes
- Interface with state and local Economic Development Offices
- Monitor and track state and local laws and regulations relating to land use, taxes, incentives, and energy
- Assist in securing easements or Rights of Way, as necessary
- Community / Market Development
- Represent Tract positively and consistently with Tract values within the community
- Relationship management with adjacent neighbors and community groups
- Represent Tract in local associations (technical, professional, civic, etc.)
- Manage Community Development budget
- Establish, monitor, and update comprehensive tracking of land inventory, both on and off-market
- Establish, monitor, and update comprehensive tracking of pricing comps for completed transactions and on-market asking prices.
- Produce and update management reports and dashboards
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following, Real Estate Development, Finance, Management, Architecture, Planning, Engineering, or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum five years experience in real estate development, civil planning, economic development, and construction. Data center, utility, or telecom experience preferred.
Travel: This position may require occasional travel to Tract Headquarters or other Tract markets – 3-6 trips per year.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude and pride in work product
- Ability to manage projects and teams to successful and predictable conclusion
- Ability to problem solve, leveraging independent analysis, local relationships, corporate resources, and executive support
- Strong work ethic, with ability to manage time and energy independently toward well-understood target outcomes
- Curiosity coupled with the ability to network in structured and unstructured environments to quickly identify, understand and communicate opportunities and challenges
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports and dashboards and external land use applications
- Verbal communication skills including internal presentations and public speaking at local government meetings.
- Ability to collaborate with both external teams and internal teams
- Baseline financial expertise, including budgeting and managing project expenses
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
- Ability and willingness to flex into extended hours, as needed
Expected Salary Range: $135K-$165K Total Compensation (Base + Annual Bonus)
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at email@example.com.