Tract Job Posting:
To apply: Please send your resume and short paragraph of interest to email@example.com.
Position: Strategy/Investment Associate
Location: Denver, CO
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber. We are focused on key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is to collaborate with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
The Strategy/Investment Associate is a unique hybrid operating / investing role with the opportunity to learn all aspects of real estate investments and work on analyses that will drive core strategic business decisions at Tract. The role will involve market research, financial analysis and modeling, site acquisition, due diligence, and data analysis / visualization to produce a variety of investment materials to present to senior leadership. The right candidate is a self-starter with strong research and analytical abilities, comfortable working in team environments, but also able to independently manage and own tasks. This is an exciting role with an opportunity to build skills, leverage experienced mentorship, and grow within a dynamic company.
- Research, gather, and analyze useful datasets from public and proprietary sources to summarize market trends and evaluate new opportunities
- Develop, screen and contact acquisition prospects and other market stakeholders
- Create financial models using data-driven assumptions to determine valuation/ acquisition pricing and potential investment returns
- Build presentation materials to form an investment case and present to senior leadership/investment committee
- Collaborate with GIS, development, and legal teams to accelerate due diligence efforts and work towards transaction closing
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, Real Estate, Computer Science, or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience at an investment bank, management / strategy / real estate consulting firm, corporate development / finance, or private equity / venture capital
- Prior experience in transaction execution
- Proficiency Microsoft Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Preferred background in data centers, real estate, utility, or construction industries
Travel: This position will require occasional travel to Tract markets – up to 10% per year.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude, pride in work product, and appreciation of the value of communicating, brainstorming and sharing information
- Passion for entrepreneurial growth or real estate and a hands-on, collaborative approach towards investing and business
- Enthusiastic problem solver who enjoys widely varied challenges
- Self-starter who can take the lead on complex projects, work under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision-making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports / memos and verbal communication skills including presentations to senior leaders and board members
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
Expected Salary Range: $125K-$165K Total Compensation (Base + Annual Bonus)
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.