Tract Job Posting:
Please submit interest with resume and reference to position title at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Vice President – Land Development
Location: Denver, CO (Headquarters / Hybrid)
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
We are looking for a superstar executive leader to join our growing team to build something special. This leader will drive horizontal development and community outreach across the entire Tract portfolio.
The Vice President of Land Development will lead a national team of development professionals located at Tract Headquarters and within Tract’s portfolio markets. This leader will build, inspire, and manage the market Development Team to deliver complex development projects with speed and certainty, while cultivating the skillsets, passion and teamwork traits of each team member.
The Vice President of Land Development will be a key leader in the Tract team and will be expected to bring their unique talents and experience to bear to advance Tract’s strategic objectives. In particular, this role will be responsible for managing successful execution of site due diligence, zoning/entitlement processes and horizontal development projects at Tract campuses. Specific functional responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
- Team Leadership
- Creating annual, quarterly, and monthly goals that connect back to Tract strategy and have measurable outcomes for each market lead
- Conduct regular performance assessments (formal and informal) with team to identify areas for professional development with specific action plans to address them
- Conduct regular team meetings to share best practices and collaborate on challenges across markets
- Bubble up challenges, learnings and curiosities from individual team members to Senior Leadership in a synthesized and constructive manor
- Regular market visits to confirm status of projects and support market leads with guidance or connections to corporate resources
- Project Management
- Collaborate with Engineering Team on vendor selection for due diligence assessments/reports
- Contract negotiation for third party contractors and consultants
- Maintain market and portfolio level roadmaps with regular updates for Senior Management
- Budget responsibility: tracking and managing costs associated with diligence or development projects to deliver on budget
- Project timeline responsibility: set, track and manage delivery times for diligence, zoning and development projects to ensure on time delivery
- Maintain a consistent and comprehensive library of all site level documentation
- Government Relations
- Support market team in all aspects of local and state government relations
- Develop key local government relationships with Water Resources, Planning, Engineering, Building, Public Works, and Fire Departments leadership
- Cultivate senior level staff relationships with government and economic development offices
- Represent Tract at all Planning Commission, City Council or County Supervisor meetings where Tract business is on the agenda
- Engage Senior Management as appropriate
- Market Strategy
- Coordinate and collaborate with centralized “Technical” team on infrastructure strategy and site plans for each market
- Coordinate and collaborate with “Site Acquisition” with regular updates on available supply within each market, demand trends to further acquisitions in each target market
- Direct prospecting and relationship development within each market based on Tract site selection criteria
- Track and publish alternate use metric reports for each market
- Instill a curiosity within each team member to ask questions and develop plans to answer them to position Tract as the real estate player with greatest intimacy with supply and demand for industrial uses in each market
Education: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following, Real Estate Development, Finance, Management, Architecture, Planning, Engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree in real estate, Planning or Business Administration a plus.
Experience: Minimum 10 years experience in real estate development, civil planning, economic development, project management, product management, construction or sales management. Data center, utility, or telecom experience preferred.
Travel: This position requires significant time with the market teams and, therefore, will require meaningful time travel to Tract markets.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude and pride in work product
- Demonstrated financial expertise, including budgeting and managing project expenses. Experience managing a P&L preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills, preferably connected to real estate development or construction
- Strong leadership and motivation skills within remote teams and matrixed organizations
- Ability to manage projects and teams to successful and predictable conclusion
- Ability to problem solve, leveraging independent analysis, local relationships, corporate resources, and executive support
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports and dashboards and external land use applications and verbal communication skills including internal presentations and public speaking at local government meetings.
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
- Dependable and trustworthy to deliver expected results living up to the values of the company
This position will be based at the Denver headquarters. Given the expectation for significant travel, flexible work arrangements mixing work from home and in-office time will be considered for time not spent in target markets.
Expected Salary Range: $225K-275K (Base + Annual Bonus), with opportunity for equity participation
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at email@example.com.