Position: Principal Electrical Utility Engineer
Location: Denver, CO (Headquarters / Hybrid)
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
Tract seeks an experienced Principal Electrical Utility Engineer excited about working as a foundational technical team member at a new startup company. The ideal candidate will have 7 to 20 years of experience in the electric utility, competitive transmission supplier, renewable energy provider, or engineering firm.
Qualified candidates will be able to oversee the siting and construction of transmission, substation, and distribution to extensive campus developments. Our typical energy usage will increase in 300MW-1000MW increments to multiple properties in a development area. Candidates will jointly work with transmission utility providers and renewable energy developers and providers to deliver electrical utility services to numerous properties in a development campus.
The successful candidate will have experience and practical expertise in the following:
- Experience with interconnecting high voltage wind and solar renewable energy sources to the transmission grid
- Experience with high voltage utility transmission line planning, engineering, design, and implementation for an electric utility, competitive transmission supplier, or engineering firm
- Demonstrated knowledge of utility and regional transmission organization (RTO) development rules, policies, and procedures to streamline development timelines effectively
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Regulatory rules, including FERC, federal, state, and local (sovereign nation) rules that would affect project viability
- Experience with contracts to financially connect generation projects to large load centers
- Market insights into existing transmission projects, constraints, and congestion that would affect development timelines, costs
Education, Professional Certification, and Licenses: Electrical Engineering or Master’s Degree from an accredited Engineering College or University. Electrical Professional Engineering Qualifications and License (P.E.).
Experience: Minimum seven years of experience in electric utility, competitive transmission supplier, renewable energy provider, or engineering firm.
Travel: Occasionally travel to Denver, CO (Cherry Creek) for team meetings
- Experience developing relationships with the full range of stakeholder organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss technical engineering details with engineering team members, contractors, potential land sellers, utility service providers, renewable energy providers, and customers.
- Individuals must be able to pivot from technical engineering details and be comfortable presenting and discussing concepts and ideas with high-level executives, potential investors, or Board members.
This position can be remote or hybrid from our headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Expected Salary Range: $170,000-200,000 base plus an annual bonus
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at email@example.com.