Position: Professional Civil Engineer (PE)
Location: Denver, CO Headquarters or Remote
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
As part of our commitment to excellence, we are seeking a qualified Professional Civil Engineer (PE) who possesses expertise in large-scale land development site design and project management. The successful candidate will join our growing team and facilitate successful developments throughout the United States.
Tract is seeking a talented and motivated Professional Civil Engineer (PE) to join our dynamic technical team. The ideal candidate will have 10 to 15 years of post-educational experience in the design and entitlement of large-scale commercial/industrial land development projects.
Qualified candidates will work alongside our experienced engineers and technical team to assess sites across the US in due diligence and provide technical support throughout entitlement and site design. Additional support will be required in the planning, design and development of projects to comply with local and industry standards, regulations and client specifications. Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D is a crucial requirement for this role as it will involve extensive use of the software for creating and modifying drawings, maps and models. Additional tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with technical team in the design and development of projects, including site layout, grading, road design, stormwater management, wet and dry utility layouts and other related aspects.
- Review geotechnical studies, wetland delineations, cultural resources and threatened and endangered species reports and provide summaries/read-outs to senior team.
- Assist in the creation/drafting of development agreements with local jurisdictions.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to create, edit, and update engineering drawings, plans, and possibly profile drawings.
- Assist in conducting engineering calculations, quantity take-offs, and cost estimate for proposed projects.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations summarizing project findings and recommendations.
- Interact with local municipalities, landowners and consulting teams.
The successful candidate will have practical experience and fundamental knowledge in the following:
- Framework planning large (300 to 1500 Acre) tracts of land.
- Preparation of utility feasibility reports.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D. A CAD test will be required to demonstrate abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of gravity and pressurized piping systems and design.
- Implementation of utility transmission and distribution lines within site layouts.
- Experience writing technical reports/memos.
- Experience researching, analyzing and implementing development code requirements into site plans.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with managing multiple civil and environmental projects simultaneously.
- Experience with sustainable/low-impact/green design.
- Minimum of 8 years of Civil 3D experience.
- Experience with Civil 3D pipe networks and Auto Turn add-ons
- Experience developing engineer’s estimates/opinions of probable costs
- Experience with Civil 3D Grading Optimization tools.
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering principles, including site development, grading, drainage and utilities.
Education, Professional Certification and Licensure
– Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree from an ABET accredited institution.
– Professional Engineering Licensure.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to accuracy and delivering high-quality work.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
Location and Travel:
- Work location is flexible; Company Head Quarters will be in Denver, Colorado
- Some US travel to prospective markets and company owned properties. Itineraries typically include: reviewing construction progress, meeting with state, county and city officials, meeting with utility service providers and project specific consulting teams. Meeting with geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, and civil engineering consultants and contractors is expected.
This position can be remote or hybrid from our headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Expected Salary Range: $125,000-$150,000 plus Bonus
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.