Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Denver, CO (Headquarters / Hybrid)
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant that will be located at Tract Headquarters and will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager to perform and coordinate accounting duties within the organization. The successful candidate will have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, and highly organized. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and team environment with minimal day-to-day oversight.
The Senior Accountant will be a critical initial member of the Tract Accounting team and will be expected to bring their unique talents and experience to bear to advance Tract’s strategic objectives. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, fund accounting, cash management, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. This role will be responsible for specific functional responsibilities included but will not be limited to:
- Demonstrate highest standards of personal and professional integrity, assist with creating and adhere to company’s Accounting policies and procedures, and complies with applicable laws, government rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Perform daily banking including deposits, wires, and transfers.
- Provide daily oversight of A/P function including invoice uploading, workflow management, coding and timely processing of payments to vendors.
- Generate accurate financial monthly/quarterly reports, variance analyses, and management reports to provide meaningful insights to aid decision-making processes.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Assist with the monitoring of REIT compliance activities including quarterly/annual REIT testing, REIT shareholder activities and ongoing coordination with tax and legal teams to monitor risk.
- Work closely with FP&A to continually update forecasts / budgets incorporating the investment capital requirements and expense activity.
- Reconcile complex investment portfolio and funds.
- Assist with fund valuations, including assessment of fair value calculations and investor allocations.
- Assist with the monitoring of fund performance, track cash flows, and prepare investor reports.
- Provide support for the external audit function during the quarterly review and year-end audit and tax processes.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Assist with the preparation of federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ of experience in REIT accounting
- CPA/Public Accounting experience preferred
- Advanced MS Excel data management skills
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems, specifically
Travel: This position will require minimal travel.
Required Traits, Expertise, and Skills
- Responsible, ethical, and collaborative mindset with a can-do attitude and pride in work product
- Demonstrated understanding of both private and public company accounting and reporting requirements
- Solid comprehension of GAAP
- Ability to problem solve, leveraging independent analysis, local relationships, corporate resources, and executive support
- Detail oriented to support data-driven analysis and decision making
- Strong written communication skills including internal reports and dashboards and external land use applications and verbal communication skills including internal presentations and public speaking at local government meetings.
- Eagerness to be a part of building something unique, special, and valuable in a dynamic environment with a top-notch team
- Dependable and trustworthy to deliver expected results living up to the values of the company
This position will be based at the Denver headquarters. Given the expectation for significant travel, flexible work arrangements mixing work from home and in-office time will be considered for time not spent in target markets.
Expected Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000 plus Bonus
Tract employees enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K program, standard paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.