Tract Job Posting:
Please submit interest with resume and reference to position title at email@example.com.
Position: Principal Site-Planning Engineer
Location: Denver, CO (Headquarters / Remote)
Tract is a team of digital infrastructure experts dedicated to accelerating responsible data center growth by developing master-planned data center parks with access to pre-positioned power and fiber in key markets where hyperscale and wholesale demand is going. Our approach is collaborative with cities and counties to ensure development is targeted for the optimal locations to maximize the revenue and economic development benefits for the community while being good stewards of the land and minimizing the impact on neighbors. Tract is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with real estate holdings throughout the United States.
Tract is seeking an accomplished and energetic civil engineer excited about working as a foundational technical team member at a new startup company. The ideal candidate will have 7 to 20 years of experience in civil engineering design on industrial land development projects, including the overall land development process. In addition, the candidate will have prior experience managing the civil engineering design and approval processes for numerous projects in locations throughout the United States.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to perform conceptual and preliminary engineering design studies (incorporating land use and zoning considerations, assessment and consideration of site constraints, infrastructure requirements, and potential regulatory issues); the ability to perform constructability reviews, and experience in a range of construction support services.
AutoCAD/Civil 3D experience is required.
The successful candidate will have experience and practical expertise in the following:
- Due Diligence Studies
- Feasibility Assessments and Studies
- Land Acquisition
- Resource Assessments
- Environmental Engineering Studies
- Site Surveying; Investigation
- Floodplain studies
- Conceptual site planning and layouts
- Zoning analysis and rezoning planning
- Building Code analysis
Civil Engineering Design
- Site and infrastructure development
- Road design
- Stormwater Management Best Management Practices design
- Erosion and sedimentation control
- Utility systems Interconnections Civil Engineering design
- Sanitary sewer design
- Water line design
- Reclaimed water systems design
- Environmental considerations and low-impact design.
- Land-use permitting through the local municipal, county, and state government
- Intermediate to advanced ability to use AutoCAD Civil 3D software is required
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with managing multiple civil and environmental engineering projects teams across several projects in several states.
- Experience overseeing the siting of the civil infrastructure for electrical transmission, substation, and distribution to significant developments. Our typical design may require multiple substation properties in a development area.
- Experience with the specialty of Sustainable/Low-Impact/Green Design
- Experience with the right-away approval and civil engineering planning for fiber optic networks.
- Ability to use other engineering automation tools (ex: Revit, BIM 360)
- Experience developing relationships with the full range of stakeholder organizations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss technical engineering details with engineering team members, contractors, potential land sellers, utility service providers, renewable energy providers, and customers.
- Individuals must be able to pivot from technical engineering details and be comfortable presenting and discussing concepts and ideas with high-level executives, potential investors, or Board members.
Education, Professional Certification, and Licenses
- Civil Engineering or Master’s Degree from an accredited Engineering College or University
- Civil Professional Engineering Qualifications and License (P.E.)
AutoCAD/Civil 3D or MicroStation/Inroads CAD experience is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote work from Anywhere in the continental US; Note Company Headquarters are located in Denver, CO (Cherry Creek)
Experience: 7-20 years
Pay: $180,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year plus bonus compensation for performance
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; 401(k), PTO
Travel: Yes. Occasional U.S. Travel to work sites for reviews and meetings.
Ability to: Occasionally travel to Denver, CO (Cherry Creek) for team meetings
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the organization’s ongoing needs.
Tract is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance applying for any of our open positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.